Saturday 14 January 2017

Over the Moon



As a toddler, I was always scared of the moon not because it is a giant body hanging in the sky, but the resemblance of its dark patches with those of my own uncle's face scared every inch of my life. Spooky!! Then came the anthropomorphic pair of a mouse and cat who gave me an impression that the celestial body was a giant piece of cheese. Then, Lon Chaney convinced the world that under a full moon, he could turn into a giant werewolf. Now I know, how grateful we are to have something that we are unlikely to loose in our lifetimes. Legends like Neil Armstrong & Rakesh Sharma knew how it felt after they land their feet on that white giant. It must have occurred to them also, what would I do if my spaceship forgets to take me on board while returning back to earth? If I were that (un)fortunate person to have been "mistakenly" left behind, I would rather take some time to lift my spirit up after convincing myself that Aliens do not conduct experiments on alive humans and finally have the pleasure to stare at the God's prodigy, My earth, for countless silent hours.

My rambunctious mind is a factory of millions thoughts, imagination, playfulness, desires, passion, love, resentments, a few regrets, and connects straight with the heart. So a year on the moon would be my spiritual odyssey. Solitude gives a man an opportunity to get familiar and understand the dynamics of the pure emotions. For me, life is all about letting out these feelings; experiencing and knowing the secrets not only of the archetypal universe but of our own selves.

The only living thing, that I am certain, would give me a true companionship is my dog and that too a Husky, an animal known for its ability to show unconditional love, faith, and trust. Who knows, we both may even manage to find some water out of necessity. I am sure, we would do a lot better than the mechanical rovers hovering around Mars having colorfully printed labels of NASA on their steal bodies in this quest. We can't even ignore the possibility of the changing perspective, when both of us may start looking at each other as the potential servings to please our desperate taste buds, where our patience & decision-making skills would be unduly tested.

Silence is an absolute and the most natural music, which can only be heard by the one with an acute mindfulness. It controls the universe, carries the secrets which would be unknown, left undiscovered & unbroken to mankind for eternity. And a time would come when I and my husky would be compelled to get sink into its inertness. But when I look into my companion's eyes, I see willingness to live and the value he has for my life which attributes to synergy that we share and aggrandizes my determination to keep both of us out of hopelessness; to adapt and overcome the current adversities & the ones that are yet to be offered by the silence. More importantly, it would be my primary prerogative to keep his faith alive in his master and be someone he could share his victory with. But that doesn't mean I would alienate the silence from playing its part. I would rather allow myself to sink into it till it impels me to introspect the mistakes I've ever made and be affable enough to take the lessons. Or I would just close my eyes and find myself sitting on my wooden chair drinking an icy beer while resting my feet on a soft velvet ottoman in the balcony of double storied house in the middle of an agrarian field with a music player from the late 70's playing Bob Dylan's Tangled Up in Blue. Too much vanity has its own confinements of delirium.

As they say, life is to love & love is to live. Silence will have an exuberantly larger role to play when I and my love would be 384,400 km apart. My eyes would be gazing at the countries of multi-shades and colors, having an enormous clusters of light scattered throughout the miles just to remind me of that beautiful face that I once fell in love with; that only instance, when I was certain that I would gather all the courage on this universe to make her mine & winning her heart, would be one of my most resolute tasks. Even she knew, I wasn't merely going to love her but worship her for her exotic existence. A girl, whose mere smile & presence would alleviate all my wounds; whose long dense hair always reminded me of an archetype Greek Goddess. And there she would be...On My Earth, hidden in the sparkling florescence!! I would ask myself, what did I do to bestow my love, respect, and veneration to retain and preserve the Magnificence of the God's prodigy which is sheltering our loved ones from the extra-terrestrial catastrophes?

No comments:

Post a Comment